[Gluster-devel] Release planning and Feature planning tool/website

Raghavendra Talur rtalur at redhat.com
Wed Sep 16 13:02:40 UTC 2015

Hi All,

We all discussed about need to have a place where we can document release
planning and feature planning information.

Suggestions were:

1. Summary/Status page on gluster.org

   - A dedicated page on gluster.org.
   - Custom css for looks etc
   - Editing involves sending a PR on github for gluster.org repo.
   - Somebody has to merge.
   - Not sure of it can be made interactive and searches can be performed.
   - Example: It might look something like
   https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointThirteen

2. Launchpad

   - Use launchpad tool, we know other projects use it.
   - Con is that it will become one more place a developer has to sign up
   on.
   - It is interactive and searches can be made.
   - Can be sorted by priority etc.
   - Launchpad also have easy integration for language translations.
   - Example: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/manila/kilo

[image: Inline image 1]

3. taiga.io/OrangeScrum

   - If we integrate it with fedora account system then we will need FAS to
   login.
   - It is a full fledged project management tool and hence would satisfy
   all requirements.
   - Not sure if many would consider this too much to learn.
   - example: http://taiga.cloud.fedoraproject.org/

4. Bugzilla

   - Use whiteboard and other fields of bugzilla to get a minimal release
   planning tool.
   - It already has due dates etc.
   - Search for target_milestone=3.7.5 to get all features listed for 3.7.5
   release etc.

We do need a tool for sure, so please go through the list and choose what
seems best to you.
We can get started with one and test for a release and see if we like it or
not.

Thanks,
Raghavendra Talur