[Gluster-devel] FOP ratelimit?

Joseph Fernandes josferna at redhat.com
Thu Sep 10 11:32:39 UTC 2015

Hi Guys,

Have we given thought about other IO scheduling algorithms like mclock algorithm [1], used by vmware for their QOS solution.
Plus another point to keep in mind here is the distributed nature of the solution. Its easier to think of a brick
controlling the throughput for a client or a tenant. But how would this work in collaboration and scale with all the
bricks together, what I am talking about is Distributed QOS.

Regards,
Joe

[1] http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/File:Qos.odp