[Gluster-devel] Contributing to GlusterFS: Fixing Coverity defects
skoduri at redhat.com
Wed Sep 9 03:46:46 UTC 2015
If you would like to contribute to GlusterFS, one of the easiest ways
which shall help you to analyze the code is by fixing defects reported
by Coverity Scan tool.
The detailed process is mentioned in . To summarize,
* Signup as a member of https://scan.coverity.com/projects/987
* Subscribe to GlusterFS project as Contributor and wait till the admins
approve your request.
* Now select 'View Defects' option to check the list of issues reported
by the tool.
* When you decide to work on some issue, please assign it to your name
in the same Coverity website. So that we don't step on each others work.
* Bug fixes for issues should follow development workflow .
* BZ 789278 should be used as a umbrella bug for Coverity issues in
master branch unless you are trying to fix a specific bug in Bugzilla.
That means while sending a patch in 'master' branch, use this BZ id.
* In case if you find any defect to be not an issue but is intentional,
please put an explanation for the same and close the issue. So that it
will help others to understand the reasoning behind it.
For any queries, feel free to mail Gluster Devel <gluster-devel at gluster.org>
More information about the Gluster-devel