[Gluster-devel] GlusterD 2.0 status updates

Krishnan Parthasarathi kparthas at redhat.com
Tue Sep 8 06:13:18 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> Hi Atin,
>   This looks interesting.  Currently in Heketi it needs to ssh into a system
>   to send commands to glusterfs.  It would be great to determine the
>   interfaces needed and how it would work with programs like Heketi.  Do you
>   guys have a simple few paragraphs on how glusterd2 rest interface will
>   interact with other applications.  Also, normally on REST calls, JSON or
>   XML is returned.  Is there a reason to go and use binary interfaces?  Do
>   you see a need to use protobuf?

The protobuf-based RPC calls are meant for communication between Gluster processes
like bricks, Gluster daemons and GlusterD. This will _not_ be used between REST services
and clients. Also, this RPC mechanism is _not_ going to replace the XDR/SunRPC being used
between clients and brick processes.

> Also I do quite a few comments on the code itself.  Should I create github
> issues for them or should I put them here on the email?

Github issues work best.