[Gluster-devel] FOP ratelimit?

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Wed Sep 2 13:02:58 UTC 2015

> Do you have any ideas here on QoS? Can it be provided as a use-case for
> multi-tenancy you were working on earlier?

My interpretation of QoS would include rate limiting, but more per
*activity* (e.g. self-heal, rebalance, user I/O) or per *tenant* rather
than per *client*.  Also, it's easier to implement at the message level
(which can be done on the servers) rather than the fop level (which has
to be on clients).  How well does that apply to what we've been
discussing in this thread?