[Gluster-devel] FOP ratelimit?

Raghavendra Gowdappa rgowdapp at redhat.com
Wed Sep 2 08:41:35 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Data is not moved across bricks during rename. So, may be something else is causing the issue. Were you running rebalance while these renames were being done?

> > And more generally, do we have a way to ratelimit FOPs per client, so
> > that one client cannot make the cluster unusable for the others?
> Do you have profile data?
>
> Raghavendra G is working on some QOS related enahancements in gluster.
> Please let us know if you have any inputs here.

Thanks Pranith.

@Manu and others,

Its helpful if you can give some pointers on what parameters (like latency, throughput etc) you want us to consider for QoS. Also, any ideas (like interface for QoS) in this area is welcome. With my very basic search, seems like there are not many filesystems with QoS functionality.

regards,
Raghavendra.