[Gluster-devel] GlusterD 2.0 status updates

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Tue Sep 1 05:04:35 UTC 2015

Here is a quick summary of what we accomplished over last one month:

1. The skeleton of GlusterD 2.0 codebase is now available @ [1] and the
same is integrated with gerrithub.

2. Rest end points for basic commands like volume
create/start/stop/delete/info/list have been implemented. Needs little
bit of more polishing to strictly follow the heketi APIs

3. Team has worked on coming up with a cross language light weight RPC
framework using pbrpc and the same can be found at [2]. The same also
has pbcodec package which provides a protobuf based rpc.ClientCodec and
rpc.ServerCodec that can be used with rpc package in Go's standard library

4. We also worked on the first cut of volfile generation and its
integrated in the repository.

The plan for next month is as follows:

1. Focus on the documentation along with publishing the design document
2. Unit tests
3. Come up with the initial design & a basic prototype for transaction
framework.

[1] https://github.com/kshlm/glusterd2
[2] https://github.com/kshlm/pbrpc

Thanks,