[Gluster-devel] Gerrit and Bugzilla usage

Raghavendra Talur rtalur at redhat.com
Wed Oct 28 09:58:50 UTC 2015

While preparing the list of bugs for 3.7.6 I observed some patches that had
used bugs incorrectly.

Few things to keep in mind:

1. If you use the gerrit backport feature, take care to add the bug number
in topic section manually as it is not automatic. If not done, we lose
updates on bugzilla because scripts are triggered based on bug number
mentioned in topic.

2. Please don't use umbrella/tracker bugs for sending patches. It may
happen that not all bugs are fixed under a tracker bug within a release and
it creates ambiguity of whether to include it in list of bugs fixed or not.

3. Please don't use bugs which were closed as part of previous release.

Raghavendra Talur