[Gluster-devel] VM fs becomes read only when one gluster node goes down

André Bauer abauer at magix.net
Thu Oct 22 18:45:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

i have a 4 node Glusterfs 3.5.6 Cluster.

My VM images are in an replicated distributed volume which is accessed
from kvm/qemu via libgfapi.

Mount is against storage.domain.local which has IPs for all 4 Gluster
nodes set in DNS.

When one of the Gluster nodes goes down (accidently reboot) a lot of the
vms getting read only filesystem. Even when the node comes back up.

How can i prevent this?
I expect that the vm just uses the replicated file on the other node,
without getting ro fs.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance.

--