[Gluster-devel] RHEL-5 Client build failed

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Fri Oct 16 10:25:55 UTC 2015

On Friday 16 October 2015 12:52 PM, Milind Changire wrote:
> Following commit to release-3.7 branch causes RHEL-5 Client build to
> fail because there isn't any <openssl/ecdh.h> available on RHEL-5
>
> ca5b466d rpc/rpc-transport/socket/src/socket.h
>   (Emmanuel Dreyfus       2015-07-30 14:02:43 +0200  22) #include
> <openssl/ecdh.h>

This is a conditional inclusion. Can you please check if ERR_R_ECDH_LIB
is defined in RHEL 5?

> This commit is also not available in upstream master yet.
>
> Link to failed build:
> RHGS-3.1.2-CLIENT-RHEL-5:
> http://brewweb.devel.redhat.com/brew/taskinfo?taskID=9962404

This looks like an internal link to me. Please share relevant
information from your build on something like fpaste.

> Looks like we need to upgrade RHEL-5 with latest OpenSSL headers and
> libraries.
> How else do we fix this?

Updating RHEL 5 with a later version is beyond our scope. Can you check
if some additional conditional compilation is needed in RHEL 5 for the
build to go through?

Regards,
Vijay