[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Gluster 4.0 - upgrades & backward compatibility strategy

Mauro M. gluster at ezplanet.net
Thu Oct 15 08:29:05 UTC 2015

One feature I would like to see in 4.0 is to be able to have a volume
started with only ONE brick up and running, at least as a configurable
option if not a default.

This was possible in 3.5, perhaps more by mistake than design, but it
disappeared in 3.6 and it is a major issue if I want to run a second brick
as standby only.

Right now I can do it in 3.7.4, but if I reboot the single brick I have to
stop and start again the volume before I can mount it, which is the
workaround I am using.

Mauro