[Gluster-devel] RFC: Gluster.Next: Where and how DHT2 work/code would be hosted

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri Oct 9 18:16:37 UTC 2015

> I wonder if glusterd2 could also be a different directory in
> experimental/. We could add a new configure option, say something like
> --enable-glusterd2, that compiles & installs glusterd2 instead of the
> existing glusterd. Thoughts?

It might be a bit painful.  Firstly, anything that involves configure.ac
and its cronies is likely to induce a certain amount of nausea.
Secondly, glusterd2 has a bunch of new dependencies that are not
currently satisfied on our regression test machines (or most
developers').  It's not impossible, and most of those obstacles need to
be overcome eventually, but I think I'd rather keep glusterd2 developers
focused on the glusterd code itself for now and defer work on that other
stuff until later.