[Gluster-devel] Ubuntu Repo for Bareos with GlusterFS support available

André Bauer abauer at magix.net
Thu Oct 8 08:39:52 UTC 2015

I know. I was there ;-)

Already submitted Ubuntu patches to Bareos:
https://github.com/bareos/bareos/pull/33

I'm in contact with Jörg Steffens. Seems they will build Ubuntu
packages, build against the Gluster packages from the Ubuntu universe
repo, in the near future. Starting with packages for Ubuntu 15.04 :-)

Regards
André

Am 07.10.2015 um 00:35 schrieb Niels de Vos:
> On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 11:24:37AM +0200, André Bauer wrote:
>> Hey Gluster lists,
>>
>> just added Bareos with Glusterfs Libgfapi support to my Ubuntu
>> PPA:
>>
>> https://launchpad.net/~monotek
>>
>> Packages are avialble for Ubuntu Trusty and Vivid with Glusterfs
>> Plugins build against GlusterFS 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7.
>>
>> Feel free to try the packages. Feedback is welcome :-)
>>
>> Bareos is a 100% open source fork of the backup project from
>> bacula.org.
>>
>> With the Glusterfs Packages for Bareos its possible to use
>> Glusterfs via libgfapi as backend or backup GlusterFS volumes
>> directly without using the mountpoint.
>
> Very cool, thanks for providing these packages!
>
> Last week the Open Source Backup Conference took place, and we've
> had one presentation about the Bareos and Gluster integration. A
> description on how to configure Bareos to store backups on Gluste
> can be found in the Admininstrator Guide: -
> http://gluster.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Administrator%20Guide/Bareos/
>
>  The slides from the presentation are on
> http://gluster.readthedocs.org/en/latest/presentations/ but were
> created with Bareos 14.2 (like the doc link above). The just
> released 15.x version adds the option to make backups from Gluster
> volumes using the new gfapi-fd File Daemon.
>
> Cheers, Niels

- --
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
André Bauer

MAGIX Software GmbH
André Bauer
Administrator
August-Bebel-Straße 48
01219 Dresden
GERMANY

tel.: 0351 41884875
e-mail: abauer at magix.net
abauer at magix.net <mailto:Email>
www.magix.com <http://www.magix.com/>

Geschäftsführer | Managing Directors: Dr. Arnd Schröder, Michael Keith
Amtsgericht | Commercial Register: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 127205

Find us on:

<http://www.facebook.com/MAGIX> <http://www.twitter.com/magix_de>
<http://www.youtube.com/wwwmagixcom> <http://www.magixmagazin.de>
The information in this email is intended only for the addressee named
above. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and
may be unlawful. MAGIX does not warrant that any attachments are free
from viruses or other defects and accepts no liability for any losses
resulting from infected email transmissions. Please note that any
views expressed in this email may be those of the originator and do
not necessarily represent the agenda of the company.