[Gluster-devel] Assistance needed for testing Gluster in the CentOS CI infrastructure

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 14:56:15 UTC 2015

Hi!

We're looking for interested users and developers that can spend some
time on setting up tests for Gluster in the CentOS CI infrastructure.
Gluster is part of the CentOS Storage SIG, and that enables us to use
the CentOS CI testing systems.

I would like to have a few volunteers that are willing to create the
first Jenkins jobs for Gluster on the CentOS CI. This is not a common
Jenkins environment like we have on build.gluster.org. On ci.centos.org
the Jenkins slaves function as a management node which reserve
additional (non Jenkins slaves) for running tests. It will require some
dedicated time to understand the available infrastructure and get
something useful out of it. There are several CentOS admins/developers
that are willing to explain and help with the testing, but we need some
people that can take care of it from a Gluster perspective.

Some links that would be of interest for this work:
 - http://wiki.centos.org/QaWiki/CI
 - https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Storage
 - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/doc/developer-guide/Using-Gluster-Test-Framework.md

Anyone that is interested and can regularly spend a little time on this
is most welcome to sign up. Please contact me and I'll try to get a
little group on its way.

Thanks,
Niels