[Gluster-devel] Caching support in glusterfs

Soumya Koduri skoduri at redhat.com
Thu Nov 26 18:34:12 UTC 2015

On 11/26/2015 03:35 PM, Avik Sil wrote:

> On Tuesday 24 November 2015 09:58 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:

As you may be aware of latest versions of NFS/SMB protocol have added
the support for Delegation/Leases which shall guarantee certain
semantics to their clients with respect to file sharing. Protocol
clients thus are guaranteed cache consistency and can do aggressive data
caching.

There is on-going effort to support such Leases on Gluster.

Apart from that, NFS-Ganesha server currently does attribute caching of
the files and directories being accessed. I am not sure if there is any
caching being done by SMB server. Request others to comment.

Thanks,
Soumya