[Gluster-devel] Object Quotas

Vijaikumar Mallikarjuna vmallika at redhat.com
Thu Nov 26 05:44:25 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Prashanth Pai <ppai at redhat.com> wrote:

> > We have sent an upstream patch[1] that enhances the list command by
> showing
> > used space in case of 'gluster v quota <VOLNAME> list <path>' and shows
> > 'dir_count,file_count' with gluster v quota <VOLNAME> list-objects
> <path>'
> > command even when quota limit is not set(But quota/inode-quota should be
> > configured for the first time).
>
> Would enabling quota for the volume be enough ? For an existing volume
> with data, When are the xattrs populated ?

Yes, enabling quota for a volume will be enough.
When quota is enabled on existing data, back-end quota-crawl process is
initiated to set the xattrs. This process can take from secs to few hours
to complete the task, depending on the number of files present in the
volume.

> > [1] http://review.gluster.org/#/c/12741/
>
> Cool, thanks.

> > > The command "list-objects" and "remove-objects" is confusing. What it
> > > really does is something like "list-object-limit" and
> > > "remove-object-limit".
> >
> > > Yes, list-objects is to list the count, remove-objects is to remove the
> > > object limit set
>
> Can this be changed too ? From "list-objects" and "remove-objects" to
> "list-object-limit" and "remove-object-limit".

As part of patch submitted #12741, list-objects now will list the quota
usage count even if limit is not set, so list-object-limit may not be the
right command.
Yes, remove-objects can be changed to remove-object-limit

Thanks,
Vijay