[Gluster-devel] Broken code alert - translator fini functions

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Thu Nov 26 04:33:46 UTC 2015

On 11/26/2015 05:49 AM, Jeff Darcy wrote:

> In the process of debugging a test that relies on my translator’s “fini” function being called, I discovered that these functions are not being called for translators in glusterfsd.  The offending code seems to be at glusterfsd.c:1274 (cleanup_and_exit).
>
> 1274         if (ctx->process_mode == GF_GLUSTERD_PROCESS) {
GlusterD team enabled this code conditionally to fix its URCU related
crashes. Prior to that the entire code was commented out and it seems
like a pretty old commit (13c4f8d0) had disabled fini () for all the
translators with a commit message saying " calling 'fini()' of each
xlator needs more synchronization work to
be done. We will be doing a direct 'exit()' as of now."

Does anyone have background on this?

Thanks,
Atin