[Gluster-devel] scalability GlusterFS

David Manama daoudimanama at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 14:22:41 UTC 2015

Hello team,
My name is David and I am working on a French sync storage project using
GlusterFS .
My question is about scalability and performance.
I might have 500 people reading/writing (small or big files) on GlusterFS
nodes.I want to use 4 servers with 8Gb of RAM, 2 CPU using GlusterFS
distributed replicated volume option.
I am afraid that the performance of the disks (iops)decreases a lot if 500
people use 3 different volumes at the same time.
what do you advise me if i want fast read/write speed.which kind of
disk(SSD or it doesn't matter)?Fuse or NFS?
Thanks a lot
Regards,
DMA