[Gluster-devel] Replacing loopback with Unix Domain Sockets for I/O

Humble Devassy Chirammal humble.devassy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 07:31:41 UTC 2015

Hi Prasanna,

We are already working on a unix domain socket solution instead of  TCP
loopback connection for communicating between gluster Client and Server.
At  first the plan was to consider a rpc call (
http://review.gluster.org/#/c/12489/ , http://review.gluster.org/#/c/12508/)
issued by client and get the bind address from glusterd.  Because,  in some
code paths, we use hardcoded 'localhost' to establish the connection which
cause issues when the gluster is bound to a different address via
'transport.socket.bind-addres'.

--Humble

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 12:38 PM, Prasanna Kumar Kalever <pkalever at redhat.com