[Gluster-devel] Minutes of todays Gluster Community Bug Triage meeting

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 14:44:45 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 01:41:30PM +0100, Niels de Vos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This meeting is scheduled for anyone that is interested in learning more
> about, or assisting with the Bug Triage.
>
> Meeting details:
> - location: #gluster-meeting on Freenode IRC
>             ( https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=gluster-meeting )
> - date: every Tuesday
> - time: 12:00 UTC - well, not today, daylight saving time failure
>         (in your terminal, run: date -d "12:00 UTC")
> - agenda: https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-bug-triage

Thanks all for participating! The meeting minutes and log can be found
here:

Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-11-03/gluster-meeting.2015-11-03-13.01.html
Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-11-03/gluster-meeting.2015-11-03-13.01.txt
Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-11-03/gluster-meeting.2015-11-03-13.01.log.html

   Meeting started by ndevos at 13:01:57 UTC (full logs).

  Meeting summary

    1.   a. Todays agenda: https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-bug-triage (ndevos, 13:02:09)
    2. Roll Call (ndevos, 13:02:14)
    3. Action Items from last week (ndevos, 13:05:34)
    4. pranithk will send a reminder on how to find and fix bugs, attract new contributors (ndevos, 13:05:39)
         a. ACTION: rafi will check with Pranith about sending a "how to find and fix bugs" email (ndevos, 13:06:59)
    5. ndevos to add a agenda for gluster-meeting to discuss about cleaning up of older (which we are not supporting )version tag and bugs from bugzilla (ndevos, 13:07:25)
         a. http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.gluster.devel/12760/focus=12801 (ndevos, 13:11:20)
         b. ACTION: atinm will try to get a followup from Naga on http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.gluster.devel/12760/focus=12801 (ndevos, 13:15:56)
         c. http://gluster.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Workflow-Guide/Bug-Triage see the "Keywords" chapter (ndevos, 13:27:57)
         d. ACTION: kkeithley_ will come up with a proposal to reduce the number of bugs against "mainline" in NEW state (ndevos, 13:30:07)
         e. triaging is not a "during this meeting only" activity, people can do that anytime, the sooner after a bug gets filed the better (ndevos, 13:34:53)
         f. ACTION: skoduri and ndevos will document how people can get bug notifications for specific components (ndevos, 13:41:30)
    6. Group Triage (ndevos, 13:43:07)
         a. 18 bugs have been untriaged and need to be handled in this meeting (ndevos, 13:43:30)
         b. https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-bugs-to-triage (ndevos, 13:43:33)

   Meeting ended at 14:02:20 UTC (full logs).

  Action items

    1. rafi will check with Pranith about sending a "how to find and fix bugs" email
    2. atinm will try to get a followup from Naga on http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.gluster.devel/12760/focus=12801
    3. kkeithley_ will come up with a proposal to reduce the number of bugs against "mainline" in NEW state
    4. skoduri and ndevos will document how people can get bug notifications for specific components

  Action items, by person

    1. atinm
         1. atinm will try to get a followup from Naga on http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.gluster.devel/12760/focus=12801
    2. kkeithley_
         1. kkeithley_ will come up with a proposal to reduce the number of bugs against "mainline" in NEW state
    3. ndevos
         1. skoduri and ndevos will document how people can get bug notifications for specific components
    4. rafi
         1. rafi will check with Pranith about sending a "how to find and fix bugs" email
    5. skoduri
         1. skoduri and ndevos will document how people can get bug notifications for specific components

  People present (lines said)

    1. ndevos (70)
    2. kkeithley_ (26)
    3. skoduri (20)