[Gluster-devel] Automated bug workflow

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Fri May 29 17:53:34 UTC 2015

On 05/29/2015 12:51 PM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> today we had a discussion about how to get the status of reported bugs
> more correct and up to date. It is something that has come up several
> times already, but now we have a "BIG solution" as Pranith calls it.
>
> The goal is rather simple, but is requires some thinking about rules and
> components that can actually take care of the automation.
>
> The general user-visible results would be:
>
>   * rfc.sh will ask if this patch it the last one for the bug, or if more
>     patches are expected
>   * Gerrit will receive the patch with the answer, and modify the status
>     of the bug to POST

I like to do this manually.

>   * when the patch is merged, Gerrit will change (or not) the status of
>     the bug to MODIFIED

I like to do this manually too... but automation does not hurt, esp.
when I control when the bug moves to POST.

>   * when a nightly build is made, all bugs that have patches included and
>     the status of the bug is MODIFIED, the build script will change the
>     status to ON_QA and set a "fixed in version"

This I would like automated, as I am not tracking when it was released
(of sorts). But, if I miss the nightly boat, I assume the automation
would not pick this up, as a result automation on the MODIFIED step is
good, as that would take care of this miss for me.

> This is a simplified view, there are some other cases that we need to
> take care of. These are documented in the etherpad linked below.
>
> We value any input for this, Kaleb and Rafi already gave some, thanks!
> Please let us know over email or IRC and we'll update the etherpad.

Overall, we can have all of this, but I guess I will possibly never use
the POST automation and do that myself.