[Gluster-devel] Simplify creation and set-up of meta-volume (shared storage)

Shubhendu Tripathi shtripat at redhat.com
Mon May 18 03:57:21 UTC 2015

Avra,

I understand its not planned for Everglades :)

Also we are planning to provide mounting of meta volume on the nodes of
the cluster from Console as part of volume syncing and addition of new
nodes to the cluster. Looks like if this option is set, the explicit
mounting of the meta volume from console is not required and it would be
taken care by gluster.

Currently we show explicit warning during stop/remove-brick of the meta
volume in console and allow the operations. I dont feel there would be
any impact due to new feature.

Kindly let us know if any other impact on console or we need to take
care of anything else as result of this feature.

Thanks and Regards,
Shubhendu