[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Gluster 3.7.0 released

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Sat May 16 09:29:22 UTC 2015

On 16 May 2015, at 10:07, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
<snip>
> The 3.7.0 release should be ready for usual production deployments.

There is no way this is the case.  We've done a huge amount of feature
additions with little testing outside our own regression tests.  We
simply don't know how it functions on people's environments.

"Feature addition" doesn't mean existing features weren't touched and
adapted to suit... they definitely were.  So even existing features
have had code changes.

There is no way this should be run in production environments (or
anywhere people really depend on their data), without extensive testing
in a non-production environment first.

If someone doesn't have a non-production environment to test stuff in
first, stick with 3.6.3 (and later 3.6.x series) for now, until other
people have shaken out the first "show stopper" 3.7.x bugs.

We *could* be super lucky and have managed to create a defect free
release purely by sheer awesomeness.  But we're more likely to see
unicorns running around In Real Life tomorrow.

Just my opinion... ;)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--