[Gluster-devel] Avoid split-brains on replica-2

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon May 11 20:57:40 UTC 2015

On 05/11/2015 10:45 PM, Christopher Pereira wrote:
> On 11-05-2015 15:40, Christopher Pereira wrote:
>>
>>> There is an arbiter feature for replica 3 volumes
>>> (https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/doc/features/afr-arbiter-volumes.md)
>>> being released in glusterfs 3.7 which would prevent files from going
>>> into split-brains, you could try that out. If the writes can cause a
>>> split-brain, it is failed with an ENOTCONN to the application.
>
> Seems to be broken, because files are also stored on the 3rd brick, even
> when using "replica 3 arbiter 1".

Zero byte files should be present inside the 3rd brick for maintaining
afr's metadata. Do you happen to see files of similar size & consuming
same disk space in the 3rd brick as in the first and second bricks?

> Also, I don't see the .meta dir inside the mount point.

You will not be able to see .meta but should be able to change directory
to .meta from the mount point. Please let us know if that is not the case.

Thanks,
Vijay