[Gluster-devel] glusterfs-server package requires glusterfs-client-xlators package

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon May 11 13:53:26 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 02:40:54PM +0530, SATHEESARAN wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> With the latest 3.7 beta1 build[1], I observed that glusterfs-server package
> is dependent on glusterfs-client-xlators package.
> I don't understand the dependency of server package on client package, as I
> think of glusterfs-client-xlator
> as the client package.
>
> Could anyone explain on it ?

The dependency is needed because the glusterfs-server package is
responsible for providing the Gluster/NFS-server, self-heal deamon,
rebalance daemon and others. These are all client-side (non-brick)
processes and require the client-side xlators. More details can be found
in a post from last week:

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.gluster.devel/10643

Cheers,
Niels