[Gluster-devel] good job on fixing heavy hitters in spurious regressions

Krishnan Parthasarathi kparthas at redhat.com
Sat May 9 05:38:02 UTC 2015

> Ah! now I understood the confusion. I never said maintainer should fix
> all the bugs in tests. I am only saying that they maintain tests, just
> like we maintain code. Whether you personally work on it or not, you at
> least have an idea of what is the problem and what is the solution so
> someone can come and ask you and you know the status of it. Expectation
> is not to fix every test failure that comes maintainer's way by
> maintainer alone. But he/she would know about problem/solution because
> he/she at least reviews it and merges it. We want to make sure that the
> tests are in good quality as well just like we make sure code is of good
> quality. Core is a special case. We will handle it separately.

Glusterd is also a 'special' case. As a glusterd maintainer, I am _not_ maintaining
<insert-your-favourite-gluster-command-here>'s implementation. So, I don't
'know'/'understand' how it has been implemented and by extension I wouldn't be able
to fix it (forget maintaining it :-) ). Given the no. of gluster commands, I won't be
surprised if I didn't have an inkling on how <your-favourite-gluster-command> worked ;-)
I hope this encourages other contributors, i.e, any gluster (feature) contributor,
to join Kaushal and me in maintaining glusterd.