[Gluster-devel] good job on fixing heavy hitters in spurious regressions

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri May 8 11:57:31 UTC 2015

> I think we should remove "if it is a known bad test treat it as success"
> code in some time and never add it again in future.

I disagree.  We were in a cycle where a fix for one bad regression test
would be blocked because of others, so it was impossible to make any
progress at all.  The cycle had to be broken somehow.  What we should
really do next time is get more people involved sooner when regression
tests are broken.  That way we'd never get into the "death spiral" and
no drastic action would be necessary.