[Gluster-devel] Gluster Slogans Revisited

Benjamin Turner bennyturns at gmail.com
Fri May 1 20:07:55 UTC 2015

I liked:

Gluster: Redefine storage.
Gluster: Software-Defined Storage. Redefined
Gluster: RAID G
Gluster: RAISE (redundant array of inexpensive storage equipment)
Gluster: Software {re}defined storage+

And suggested:

Gluster {DS|FS|RAISE|RAIDG}: Software Defined Storage Redefined(some
combination of lines 38-42)

My thinking is:

<Our new name GlusterDS/whatever>: <Tagline with excitement>

Gluster * - This is the change gluster fs to gluster ds idea we were
discussing this already.  Maybe we could even come up with a
longer acronym, like RAIDG or RAISE or something more definitive of what we
are?  I think instead of jsut using Gluster: we come up with the new way to
refer to glusterFS and use this as a way to push that as well.

Tagline - Whatever cool saying that get people excited to check out
glusterDS/glusterRAIDG/ whatever

So ex:

Gluster RAISE: Software Defined Storage Redifined
Gluster DS: Software defined storage defined your way
Gluster RAIDG: Storage from the ground up

Just my $0.02

-b