[Gluster-devel] Security hardening RELRO & PIE flags

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 06:50:19 UTC 2015

IMHO, doing hardening and security should be left the individual
distributions and the package maintainers. Generally, each distribution has
it's own policies with regards to hardening and security. We as an upstream
project cannot decide on what a distribution should do. But we should be
ready to fix bugs that could arise when distributions do hardened builds.

So, I vote against having these hardening flags added to the base GlusterFS
build. But we could add the flags the Fedora spec files which we carry with
our source.

~kaushal