[Gluster-devel] Responsibilities and expectations of our maintainers

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Sat Mar 28 08:38:57 UTC 2015

Pranith Kumar Karampuri <pkarampu at redhat.com> wrote:

> Emmanuel,
>          What can we do to make it vote -2 when it fails? Things will
> automatically fall in place if it gives -2.

I will do this once I will have recovered. The changelog change broke
regression for weeks, and now we have a fix for it I discover many other
poblems have crop.

While there, to anyone:
- dd bs=1M is not portable. Use
  dd bs=1024k
- echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches is not portable. use instead this
command that fails but flushes inodes first.
  ( cd $M0 && umount $M0 )
- umount $N0 brings many problems, use instead
  EXPECT_WITHIN $UMOUNT_TIMEOUT "Y" umount_nfs $N0

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz
manu at netbsd.org