[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Does anyone care if GlusterFS 3.7 does not work on older distributions?

Prasun Gera prasun.gera at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 19:34:14 UTC 2015

Client side support for 3.7 natively or through compatibility with the 3.6
on Precise would be great. We have a few RHSS servers, which will
presumably get upgraded to GlusterFS3.7 around the end of the year. We have
a bunch of Precise clients which are right now using the 3.5 client from
the ppa. If their life can be stretched for another year or so by 3.6/3.7
client ppas, that would be much appreciated.

Minor note: The official glusterfs documentation
mentions ppa:semiosis/ubuntu-glusterfs-3.5 as the ppa for ubuntu. It looks
like this was taken down sometime last month. I guess
https://launchpad.net/~gluster has the official ppas now ? Since there was
another thread about documentation, it would be a good idea to edit this.
Also, why was the old ppa was taken down completely as opposed to making it
a mirror of the newer ones ?