[Gluster-devel] Update on 3.7 feature freeze & branching

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Wed Mar 25 17:13:02 UTC 2015

On 03/19/2015 11:52 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The last few days have been busy for us with feature patches getting
> reviewed, rebased and merged. As of now we have been able to review and
> merge most features that we wanted to have in 3.7. Parts of bitrot
> detection & tiering features have already been merged on mainline and we
> are awaiting few more patches from these areas to declare completion
> with respect to features. We seem to be well set to feature freeze 3.7
> tomorrow.

The missing pieces of bitrot detection and tiering are in now. So we are
good to declare feature freeze now. Kudos to all of us in reaching here :).

> I will delay branching of 3.7 by a week or so after tomorrow to
> primarily include several bug fixes and minor improvements in areas like
> logging that have not received enough attention from us in the recent
> past. I will send out an update as we have a release-3.7 branch.

Branching for 3.7 will happen after we merge coverity fixes, logging
improvements and critical bug fixes.

Maintainers - can you please provide an ACK for sanity of the quality of
your component(s) in 3.7? Basically we should aim to avoid functional
regressions and critical issues before we branch.

Once we have both of these in place, I will branch release-3.7.

Thanks,
Vijay