[Gluster-devel] Documentation expectations for 3.7 release

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Wed Mar 25 13:50:34 UTC 2015

Hi All,

This is a reminder about documentation for all new features in 3.7.

In the past we had agreed to have user documentation ready when we
release a feature. So please make sure that your feature documentation
for users is available in doc directory* [1][2].

You should use the same bz number as the feature to send the doc patch
too. However we are also planning to file doc bugs against the features
which don't have documentation (later in the release cycle) and make
these blocker bugs for 3.7.

Here is the documentation about "how to send documentation patch" :
http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Submitting_Documentation_Patches

New features in 3.7:
http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Planning37

Doc directory: Note that some features might need change in existing
admin guide [2] along with a new feature page [1].

[1] https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/tree/master/doc/features
[2] Admin guide:
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/tree/master/doc/admin-guide/en-US/markdown

Suggestions, comments?