[Gluster-devel] LibTLS?

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Mar 19 22:36:34 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 09:13:03PM +0000, Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Is LibTLS (by the OpenBSD LibreSSL people) on your radar?
>
>   https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9233065
>   http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20141101063214&pid=3
>
> Their main LibreSSL website says it's portable - eg to Linux,
> FreeBSD, etc - so it kind of sounds interesting. ;)

Portable is one thing, the availability and its maintenance burdon in
distributions an other. I do not think Fedora has any plans on including
LibreSSL and LibTLS in the near future. There even was an attempt to
only use GnuTLS (?) or OpenSSL because two implementations of such a
complex library is perceived as inefficient.

I'd prefer to stick to the mainstream libraries, at least for now.

Niels