[Gluster-devel] Update on 3.7 feature freeze & branching

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Thu Mar 19 18:22:18 UTC 2015

Hi All,

The last few days have been busy for us with feature patches getting
reviewed, rebased and merged. As of now we have been able to review and
merge most features that we wanted to have in 3.7. Parts of bitrot
detection & tiering features have already been merged on mainline and we
are awaiting few more patches from these areas to declare completion
with respect to features. We seem to be well set to feature freeze 3.7
tomorrow.

I will delay branching of 3.7 by a week or so after tomorrow to
primarily include several bug fixes and minor improvements in areas like
logging that have not received enough attention from us in the recent
past. I will send out an update as we have a release-3.7 branch.

At this point, I don't foresee any change in the release schedule for
3.7.0 GA unless we find critical blockers for the release.

Thanks to all of you who have helped us in reaching here. It has been a
fantastic effort considering the amount of code churn and features that
we have been able to get into 3.7. Another concerted effort from us will
help in getting a good release of 3.7.0 out!

Thanks,
Vijay