[Gluster-devel] read-only xlator: ro_open and O_APPEND

Milind Changire milindchangire at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 06:52:55 UTC 2015

The ro_open(...) handler checks for O_WRONLY and O_RDWR flags but not
the O_APPEND flag. However, the ro_writev(...) handler takes care of
returning an EROFS appropriately. I guess that's probably the reason
the O_APPEND issue wasn't addressed so far.

Is it imperative that there should be a check for O_APPEND in
ro_open(...) which might act as a fail-fast method rather than
deferring until a ro_writev(...) is triggered?

However, I haven't attempted creating a read-only file system and
checking whether a valid file descriptor is returned or not in a
O_APPEND mode.

Milind