[Gluster-devel] How does read-subvol-entry.t works?

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Tue Mar 3 02:17:15 UTC 2015

On 03/02/2015 10:09 PM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> That happens reliabily if I do ls $M0/abc/def/ghi, however, just
> ls $M0/abc/def fails most of the time on NetBSD
>
> ls $M0/abc/def expects AFR readdir to read from all bricks? Or is
> it supposed to try a different brick on each call?
If the afr xattrs on the dir is clean on all bricks, then the dir is
chosen by afr_read_subvol_select_by_policy().
But in this case since the second brick is the only source, readdirs
will have to use that as the read subvolume.

The entry point is afr_do_readdir(). Maybe we could print the value of
'subvol'  afr_readdir_wind() to see if it is indeed going to the second
brick for "def".