[Gluster-devel] How does read-subvol-entry.t works?

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Sun Mar 1 05:28:39 UTC 2015

Hi

I am trying to understand why read-subvol-entry.t almost always fail on
NetBSD. Here is how it goes:

- create a 2-brick replicated volume
- mkdir -p $M0/abc/def
- set:
self-heal-daemon off
stat-prefetch off
cluster.background-self-heal-count 0
cluster.data-self-heal off
cluster.metadata-self-heal off
cluster.entry-self-heal off
- kill brick0
- touch $M0/abc/def/ghi
- restart brick0
- check for ghi in ls $M0/abc/def/

How is it supposed to heal? If I understand correctly, the touch
$M0/abc/def/ghi causes AFR xtattr to be created on $M0/abc/def/ for the
operatione not done on brick0. Later the READDIR operation from ls
$M0/abc/def/ should cause AFR to notice the AFR xattr and perform the
heal.

Is it the way it should behave? If it is, then where is the relevant
code in xlator/cluster/afr/src ?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz