[Gluster-devel] Gluster and GCC 5.1

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Mon Jun 29 18:26:14 UTC 2015

On 06/29/2015 02:04 PM, Anoop C S wrote:

> Reading through gcc docs I could see that with gcc v5, it defaults to
> C99 semantics and compiling with -fgnu89-inline solves the above
> issue. I'm wondering how glusterfs compiled successfully without
> providing this flag.

Well, it didn't originally.

Most of the bugs were fixed before Fedora 22 arrived with gcc-5.

E.g. by building on Fedora Rawhide last year, reporting the bugs, and
getting them fixed before Rawhide turned into Fedora 22.

> I'm investigating on other ways to use inline
> that behave the same in the old and the new semantics.

Using a command line option to get 1989 compiler semantics in 2015 seems
like a mistake.

--

Kaleb