[Gluster-devel] Three Issues Confused me recently

christ1016 at sina.com christ1016 at sina.com
Thu Jun 25 14:26:45 UTC 2015

Hi, everyone!
	Nowadays, there are three issues confusing me recently when I  used the glusterfs to save huge datas. Like below:           1) Is there any reason for reserving 10% free space of each brick in the volume ? And Can I do not reserve the  10% free                    space of each brick in the volume?  You know, I will use the glusterfs to save huge surveillance videos,   so each brick will                be set a large disk space. If each brick will be reserved 10% free space, it must led to low usage of disk and waster many                  disk spaces.           2) Will it appear some exceptions when the filesystem, like xfs, ext4, had been written fully?             3) Is it natural that a very high cpu usage when the directory quota is enabled ? (glusterfs 3.6.2)	      And is there any solution to avoid it ?    I am very appreciate for your help, thanks very much.

    Best regards.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Louis		                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          2015/6/25