[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-infra] NetBSD regressions not being triggered for patches

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Thu Jun 18 18:03:51 UTC 2015

On 18 Jun 2015, at 16:57, Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu at netbsd.org> wrote:
> Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure what limitation you mean. Did we reach the limit of slaves
>> that Jenkins can reasonably address?
>
> No I mean its inability to catch a new DNS record.

Priority wise, my suggestion would be to first get Gerrit and Jenkins
migrated to one of the two new servers. (probably put them in separate
VM's)

If the DNS problem does turn out to be the dodgy iWeb hardware firewall,
then this fixes the DNS issue. (if not... well damn!)

Assuming that does work :), then getting the other server set up with
new VM's and such would be the next thing to do.

That's my thinking anyway.

For reference, these are the main hardware specs for the two boxes:

  formicary.gluster.org   <-- for Gerrit/Jenkins/whatever
  *********************

   * 2 x Intel Xeon CPU E5-2640 v3 @ 2.60GHz (8 physical cores per cpu)
   * 32GB ECC RAM
   * 2 x ~560GB SAS HDD's
   * 1 x Intel 2P X520/2P I350 rNDC network card
      * Seems to be a 4 port 10GbE card.  The mgmt console says 2 ports
        are up, and two down.  Guessing this means only two ports are
        cabled up.

  ci.gluster.org  <-- for VMs
  **************

   * 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz (10 physical cores per cpu)
   * 96GB ECC RAM
   * 4 x ~560GB SAS HDD's
   * 1 x Intel 2P X520/2P I350 rNDC network card
      * Seems to be a 4 port 10GbE card.  The mgmt console says 2 ports
        are up, and two down.  Guessing this means only two ports are
        cabled up.

Hope this is useful info. ;)

+ Justin

--