[Gluster-devel] NetBSD regression tests hanging after ./tests/basic/mgmt_v3-locks.t

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Tue Jun 16 06:19:02 UTC 2015

Rajesh Joseph <rjoseph at redhat.com> wrote:

> Correct me if I am wrong, but I think interruptible is good with hard
> mount. Which is good in real deployment scenario. Since we are talking
> about test scripts, I thought soft mount along with timeout period can be
> a good option to prevent hangs.

soft mount means an I/O operation can timeout and return failure
interruptible mount means you can kill a process undergoing I/O, which
is useful for cleanup routine.

Both are like belt with sustenders, but given how likely we are to hang,
it does not hurts.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz