[Gluster-devel] NetBSD regression tests hanging after ./tests/basic/mgmt_v3-locks.t

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Mon Jun 15 12:38:08 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 04:38:54PM +0530, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> Emmanuel,
>        I am not sure of the feasibility but just wanted to ask you. Do you
> think there is a possibility to error out operations on the mount when mount
> crashes instead of hanging? That would prevent a lot of manual intervention
> even in future.

Your message is a bit contradictory: there are bits quoted about NFS mount,
which is native, and bits about glusterfs mount. What information are
you looking for?

If we talk about hanging mount, this is probably NFS client awaiting
for a NFS server that will never return. I alsready wrote how this can be
cleaned up by umount -f -R and the limitation of that approahc.

If we talk about crashing mount then this is more likely to be a
native mount, for which you have information in the logs, don't you?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu at netbsd.org