[Gluster-devel] Rebalance is not working in single node cluster environment.

Raghavendra Talur raghavendra.talur at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 08:41:50 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 1:36 PM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 01:15:04PM +0530, Raghavendra Talur wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 1:00 PM, Atin Mukherjee <
> atin.mukherjee83 at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4

> current
> > > test frame work ).  I am getting error in below test , it seems
> re-balance
> > > is not migrated to  current cluster test framework.
> > > Could you pin point which test case fails and what log do you see?

> > If it is a crash of glusterd when you do rebalance start, it is because
> of
> > FORTIFY_FAIL in libc.
> > Here is the patch that Susant has already sent:
> > http://review.gluster.org/#/c/11090/
> >
> > You can verify that it is the same crash by checking the core in gdb; a
> > SIGABRT would be raised
> > after strncpy.
>
> Sounds like we should use _FORTIFY_SOURCE for running our regression
> tests? Patches for build.sh or one of the other scripts are welcome!
>
> You can get them here:
>     https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/
>
> Thanks,
> Niels

Yes, Kaushal and Vijay also agreed to have our regression use this flag.

I have discovered a problem though. For glibc to detect these possible
overflows,
we need to have -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE at level 2 and -O optimization flag at
minimum of
1 with 2 as recommended.
Read this for more info:
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-09/msg02055.html

Not sure if having -O2 will lead to debugging other cores difficult.

If nobody objects to O2, I think I have created a pull request correctly.
Please merge.
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/pull/1

--
*Raghavendra Talur *