[Gluster-devel] NetBSD regressions not being triggered for patches

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Thu Jun 11 14:34:10 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 04:04:44PM +0200, Niels de Vos wrote:
> Michael installed and configured dnsmasq on build.gluster.org yesterday.
> If that does not help today, we need other ideas...

Just to confirm the problem:

[manu at build ~]$ time nslookup nbslave7i.cloud.gluster.org
;; connection timed out; trying next origin

real    0m20.013s
user    0m0.002s
sys     0m0.012s

Having a local cache does not help because upstream DNS service is
weak. Without the local cache, individual processes crave for a reply,
and with the local server, the local server crave itself crave for
a reply.

And here upstream DNS is really at fault: at mine I get a reply in
0.29s.

We need to configure a local authoritative secondary DNS for the zone,
so that the answer is always available locally wihtout having to rely
on outside's infrastructure.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu at netbsd.org