[Gluster-devel] Minutes of yesterdays weekly Community Meeting

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Jun 11 11:42:49 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Yesterday we had our weekly meeting at the usual time, the minutes can
be found below or on these URLs:

  Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-06-10/gluster-meeting.2015-06-10-12.01.html
  Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-06-10/gluster-meeting.2015-06-10-12.01.txt
  Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-06-10/gluster-meeting.2015-06-10-12.01.log.html

We will have the meeting at 12:00 UTC next Wednesday again. Please have
a look at the agenda and additional topics at the Open Floor section
around line 60:

  https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-community-meetings

Thanks,
Vijay, Niels and the rest of the ant colony

   Meeting started by hagarth at 12:01:05 UTC.

  Meeting summary

    1. Roll Call (hagarth, 12:01:35)
    2. AI review from last week (hagarth, 12:02:44)
         a. ACTION: hchiramm_ will send out a call (email and blog?) for volunteers for helping with the packaging (hagarth, 12:05:31)
         b. ACTION: JustinClift to provide an update on forge v2 (hagarth, 12:05:48)
    3. GlusterFS 3.7 (hagarth, 12:08:33)
         a. GlusterFS 3.7.2 to be released in the week of June 15 (hagarth, 12:10:41)
         b. https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-3.7-hangouts has the list (hagarth, 12:14:09)
    4. GlusterFS 3.6 (ndevos, 12:15:40)
         a. glusterfs 3.6.4beta2 will be made available later today, feedback from testers wanted (ndevos, 12:19:42)
         b. ACTION: msvbhat to start a discussion about more featured automated testing (distaf + jenkins?) (ndevos, 12:21:56)
         c. itisravi has a bug (ndevos, 12:22:31)
         d. Bugs blocking 3.6 are listed on https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?maxdepth=2&id=glusterfs-3.6.4&hide_resolved=1 (ndevos, 12:23:40)
    5. GlusterFS 3.5 (ndevos, 12:27:16)
         a. glusterfs-3.5.5 is expected later in June (ndevos, 12:28:52)
         b. Bugs planned for 3.5.5 are listed on https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?maxdepth=2&hide_resolved=1&id=glusterfs-3.5.5 (ndevos, 12:29:22)
    6. GlusterFS 4.0 (ndevos, 12:30:18)
         a. Bugs/features for 4.0 are collected through https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=glusterfs-4.0 (ndevos, 12:30:38)
         b. IDEA: update gluster.org with planned roadmaps for all gluster.next releases (ndevos, 12:35:05)
         c. ACTION: hagarth will start with planned roadmaps for all gluster.next releases (ndevos, 12:36:49)
    7. Open Floor / Bring Your Own Topic (ndevos, 12:38:10)
         a. Weekly reminder to announce Gluster attendance of events: https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-events (ndevos, 12:38:26)
         b. http://jobs.redhat.com/jobs/descriptions/gluster-community-manager-job-1-5457472 (spot, 12:38:57)
         c. Red Hat is actively recruiting for a full-time Gluster Community Manager (ndevos, 12:39:12)
    8. Infra issues: Gerrit terribly slow (ndevos, 12:44:24)
         a. ACTION: csim will send an email about the idea to migrate to Gerrithub.io, and collect questions for relaying (ndevos, 12:56:48)
         b. ACTION: csim to pickup the requesting of public IPs and those kind of things for our new servers (ndevos, 13:00:22)
    9. The Gluster Board (ndevos, 13:06:04)
         a. https://twitter.com/JoeCyberGuru/status/600731358067994625 (hagarth, 13:07:30)
         b. If you know of some Gluster ecosystem users/developers that can be part of the board, please encourage them to reach out to JoeJulian (ndevos, 13:08:01)

   Meeting ended at 13:09:17 UTC (full logs).

  Action items

    1. hchiramm_ will send out a call (email and blog?) for volunteers for helping with the packaging
    2. JustinClift to provide an update on forge v2
    3. msvbhat to start a discussion about more featured automated testing (distaf + jenkins?)
    4. hagarth will start with planned roadmaps for all gluster.next releases
    5. csim will send an email about the idea to migrate to Gerrithub.io, and collect questions for relaying
    6. csim to pickup the requesting of public IPs and those kind of things for our new servers

  Action items, by person

    1. csim
         1. csim will send an email about the idea to migrate to Gerrithub.io, and collect questions for relaying
         2. csim to pickup the requesting of public IPs and those kind of things for our new servers
    2. hagarth
         1. hagarth will start with planned roadmaps for all gluster.next releases
    3. hchiramm_
         1. hchiramm_ will send out a call (email and blog?) for volunteers for helping with the packaging
    4. msvbhat
         1. msvbhat to start a discussion about more featured automated testing (distaf + jenkins?)

  People present (lines said)

    1. hagarth (91)
    2. ndevos (79)
    3. csim (30)