[Gluster-devel] Shared resource pool for libgfapi

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 12:46:42 UTC 2015

> Yes, this makes sense. I see that there are a few members of
> glusterfs_ctx_t(ctx)
> that needs to be handled with care. ctx assumes that there is only one volume
> being managed in a glusterfs* process. It has only one volfile-server
> connection, only one client_t table for connections to a volume etc. These
> are some things one needs to take care while making ctx, the container
> object for shared resources.

Right.  If we want to pursue this approach, these are the kinds of things I
would have expected would need to be addressed.  The question is: does it
seem easier to move the *non-shared* items like these into struct glfs, or
to move the *shared* items into one or more new resource-pool types?  I
suspect it's the first, but I haven't studied the details enough to be sure.