[Gluster-devel] release-3.7 regression tests stability

Sachin Pandit spandit at redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 11:57:41 UTC 2015

comments inline.

----- Original Message -----

I did some analysis on this and found out below mentioned
log during the case of failure.

[2015-06-08 03:45:21.317352] I [MSGID: 115071] [server-rpc-fops.c:1591:server_crea
te_cbk] 0-patchy-server: 203: CREATE /test_dir/test1.txt (72fa9c7d-d4cd-474e-baae-
28dde9b15990/test1.txt) ==> (Disk quota exceeded) [Disk quota exceeded]

The test case which fails is "TEST_IN_LOOP touch $M0/test_dir/test$i.txt",
while creating a file "test1" (i.e i=1). This should not fail as "test1" is
the first file being created in the directory where quota limit is set.
The only possible explanation is that before creating the file "test1",
we delete all the files present in that directory, and that information
has not been updated by marker. Because of which the new file creation
fails thinking the quota limit is still exceeded.

The test case basically validates both the types of quota (size and inode).
The reason for this spurious failure might be because of the delay in
updating the information my marker. I will verify the same by inducing
some delay before the execution of above mentioned testcase.

Thanks,
Sachin.