[Gluster-devel] Mark all the xlator fops 'static '
skoduri at redhat.com
Thu Jul 30 14:57:15 UTC 2015
With the applications using and loading different libraries, the
function symbols with the same name may get resolved incorrectly
depending on the order in which those libraries get dynamically loaded.
Recently we have seen an issue with 'snapview-client' xlator lookup fop
- 'svc_lookup' which matched with one of the routines provided by
libntirpc, used by NFS-Ganesha. More details are in , .
Similar issue with respect to uuid* routines was already reported in .
To avoid such issues, it may be better and a cleaner way to mark all the
xlator fops static, like in .
We have raised bug1248669 to track all the required changes. Request the
component maintainers to take a look and change the respective xlator
 - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1245636#c6
 - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1248669
 - http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.gluster.devel/10074
 - http://review.gluster.org/#/c/11805
More information about the Gluster-devel