[Gluster-devel] reviving spurious failures tracking

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 10:36:43 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 29 July 2015 03:40 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> hi,
>      I just updated
> https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-spurious-failures with the latest
> spurious failures we saw in linux and NetBSD regressions. Could you guys
> update with any more spurious regressions that you guys are observing
> but not listed on the pad. Could you guys help in fixing these issues
> fast as the number of failures is increasing quite a bit nowadays.

I think we have been very tolerant for failing tests and it is time to
change this behavior. I propose that:

- we block commits for components that have failing tests listed in the
tracking etherpad.

- once failing tests are addressed on a particular branch, normal patch
merging can resume.

- If there are tests that cannot be fixed easily in the near term, we
move such tests to a different folder or drop such test units.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Vijay